Extended Inspection Checklist (Monthly/Pre-Trip)
Taking the time to do a more thorough inspection can help ensure a safe and hassle-free trip or vacation
1. Check your fluid levels: Wiper fluid, engine coolant, brake fluid, transmission fluid and engine oil. A complete list can be found in the vehicle's owner's manual
2. Check the date of your last oil change, make sure your vehicle won't be due for a change during your trip
3. Consider having your battery tested. Changes in the weather can be hard on a battery, especially cold weather
4. Check your cabin air filter. Remember that all air from the vents flows through the cabin air filter, consider changing the filter if there is excess debris or dust
5. Check all your lights: Headlights, brights, brake lights, blinkers. This may be easier with a friend or family member. Don't forget your interior lights. They come in handy when really needed.
6. Inspect windshield wiper blades for cracks or tears
7. Check for outstanding safety recalls for your vehicle. This information is available online here, or at a reputable mechanic or dealership
8. Locate your spare tire and make sure it is in good working order and that the jack is present and works. Learn to change a tire if you don't already know.
Pre-Drive Inspection Checklist (Daily)
Follow these simple steps before driving every day to help ensure a safer trip.
1. Walk 360 degrees around the vehicle and verify your tires have no visible damage, adequate tread and look aired up properly
2. Look in the back seat as you walk around. Make sure no one is hidden in your car. Also make sure you are clear in front and behind the car.
3. Look for fluid on the ground that could indicate a leak
4. Once inside, check your visibility. Are the windows free of cracks and debris?
5. Adjust your mirrors
6. Upon starting your car, check your gauges and watch for any warning lights
7. Buckle up! Seatbelts save lives, make sure you and all your passengers are wearing their safety belts
8. Before shifting into gear, have you secured everything that might shift during transit?
The Kicker: A Monthly Automotive Safety and Awareness Newsletter
We are proud to announce the release of our monthly newsletter!
As of January 2015, Tire Kickers will be providing a free monthly newsletter dedicated to informing the public about vehicle safety.
Articles from The Kicker Issue 1:
This one little-known fact about your vehicle could cost you thousands, or worse! - An informative piece about tire aging
In The Spotlight: An Interview with the owner of Tire Kickers - An interview with Jay Ackerland, founder of Tire Kickers
1 Minute habit that could save a life - An introduction to pre-trip inspections
Impaired Driving: More impaired than you might think - A story about impaired driving in our community and ways to prevent impaired driving
To view newest issue of The Kicker click here
To sign up for The Kicker, enter your email below and click submit to confirm
Below you will find other helpful resources such as our newsletter, our recommended Everyday Carry kit, etc.
Other Helpful Resources
Regular inspections help reduce breakdowns by preparing you for upcoming maintenance before it becomes a problem
Semi-annual/Yearly Professional Inspection
Tire Kickers, Putting VETERANS to Work
ga('create', 'UA-71810579-1', 'auto');
Follow Tire Kickers on Pinterest
Tire Kickers is on Pinterest, follow our boards for safety inormation, cool cars, and more!
Tire Kickers is now pinning to boards related to Safe Driving, Road Trips, Auto Hacks, Things to do in the car, and more.
Don't miss anything, click here to find Tire Kickers on Pinterest today!
Tire Kickers Vehicle Everyday Carry Kit
We recommend everyone have a Vehicle Everyday Carry Kit with important tools in their vehicle
We are still working on assembling our ideal Everyday Carry Kit, in the meantime, please check out some of the many kits available online.
Reddit/VEDC: This is an ever-changing discussion board dedicated to Vehicle Everyday Carry kits.
PeakProsperity.com's VEDC Templates: This site has a few templates for different situations
These are a small sampling of Vehicle Everyday Carry Kits. There are many more kits available online.
Check back soon for the Tire Kickers' Recommended Vehicle Everyday Carry Kit!
Your Unbiased, 3rd Party, Mobile Inspector
Phone (847) 635-9552
Uber inspections, #Uber, #uber used car, used cars, used car sales, used car buying, used car selling, used car inspection, used car inspections, used car inspection services, used car mobile inspections, veteran inspectors, veteran employment, veterans inspecting used cars, pre-purchase inspection, pre-purchase inspections, don't buy a lemon, lemon, lemons clunker, don't buy a clunker, keep from buying a bad car, bad car, bad cars, help, help me, help me buy a car, help me find a car, find a car, car finder, free, free car finder, sell my car, sell a car, craigslist, car dealer, car dealers, audi, bmw, chevy, ford, honda, toyota, nissan, volvo, volkswagen, subaru, dodge, chrysler, buick, mercury, gmc,
ga('create', 'UA-71810579-1', 'auto');
Professional Safety Inspection (Semi-annual / Yearly / Pre-Trip)
It is important to have regular inspections conducted by a professional to assess the safety and longevity of your vehicle
As with dental visits, an annual safety inspection can reduce hassle and expense by finding potential problems before they develop. Also like a dental visit, it's best to call in a trained professional.
A Tire Kickers Safety Inspection includes a visual inspection of all safety related items on your vehicle to ensure it is road worthy and safe to drive. The Safety Inspection goes over the items that will strand you fastest.
Inspection points include:
Tires (pressure, tread depth, condition, manufacture date, etc.)
Engine/Transmission engagement test
Tire Kickers recommends semi-annual or yearly Safety Inspections depending on the amount of use the vehicle receives. For more information about the Tire Kickers Safety Inspection, please call our office at 503-437-5254
Multiple inspection packages are available for those with multiple vehicles. A Safety Inspection also makes a great gift for a new car owner!
Share Tire Kickers with your friends!