Uber inspections, #Uber, #uber used car, used cars, used car sales, used car buying, used car selling, used car inspection, used car inspections, used car inspection services, used car mobile inspections, veteran inspectors, veteran employment, veterans inspecting used cars, pre-purchase inspection, pre-purchase inspections, don't buy a lemon, lemon, lemons clunker, don't buy a clunker, keep from buying a bad car, bad car, bad cars, help, help me, help me buy a car, help me find a car, find a car, car finder, free, free car finder, sell my car, sell a car, craigslist, car dealer, car dealers, audi, bmw, chevy, ford, honda, toyota, nissan, volvo, volkswagen, subaru, dodge, chrysler, buick, mercury, gmc,
ga('create', 'UA-71810579-1', 'auto');
Your Unbiased, 3rd Party, Mobile Inspector
Phone (847) 635-9552
For a Printer-Friendly version of these lists, click the links below
Extended Pre-Trip Inspection
Taking the time to do a more thorough inspection can help ensure a safe and hassle-free trip or vacation
1. Check your fluid levels: Wiper fluid, engine coolant, brake fluid, transmission fluid and engine oil. A complete list can be found in the vehicle's owner's manual
2. Check the date of your last oil change, make sure your vehicle won't be due for a change during your trip
3. Consider having your battery tested. Changes in the weather can be hard on a battery, especially cold weather
4. Check your cabin air filter. Remember that all air from the vents flows through the cabin air filter, consider changing the filter if there is excess debris or dust
5. Check all your lights: Headlights, brights, brake lights, blinkers. This may be easier with a friend or family member. Don't forget interior lights as they come in handy
6. Inspect windshield wiper blades for cracks or tears
7. Check for outstanding safety recalls for your vehicle. This information is available online here or at a reputable mechanic or dealership
8. Locate your spare tire and make sure it is in good working order and that the jack is present and works. Learn to change a flat tire.
Everyday Pre-Drive Inspection
Follow these simple steps before driving every day to help ensure a safer trip.
1. Check the back seat, make sure no one is hiding there
2. Walk 360 degrees around the vehicle and verify your tires have no visible damage and adequate tread
3. Look for fluid on the ground that could indicate a leak
4. Once inside, check your visibility. Are the windows free of cracks/debris
5. Adjust your mirrors
6. Upon starting your car, check your gauges and watch for any warning lights
7. Before shifting into gear, have you secured everything that might shift during transit?
8. Buckle up! Seatbelts save lives, make sure you and all your passengers are wearing their safety belts
Share Tire Kickers with your friends!